Hot off the presses!The Dynamic IP Restrictions includes these key features:
- Blocking of IP addresses based on number of concurrent requests – If HTTP client makes many concurrent requests then that client’s IP address gets temporarily blocked.
- Blocking of IP address based on number of requests over a period of time – If HTTP client makes many requests over short period of time then that client’s IP address gets temporarily blocked.
- Various deny actions – it is possible to specify what response to return to an HTTP client whose IP address is blocked. The module can return status codes 403 and 404 or just drop the HTTP connection and do not return any response.
- Logging of denied requests – all dynamically denied requests can be logged into a W3C formatted log file.
- Displaying currently blocked IP addresses – a list of currently blocked IP addresses can be obtained by using IIS Manager or by using IIS RSCA API’s.
- IPv6 – the module fully supports IPv6 addresses.