I’ve been implementing vRA 7.1 HA install. There are many facets to the install and one of the items VMware publishes is a vCenter “bind” account with necessary permissions. Here is the article.
- Here is the article on VMware
- Here is my post on the forums
Three permissions for two items different scenarios. Besides the permissions mentioned in the article,
- To run vRO workflows and “Run programs in Guest” operations
There following permission are needed
- VirtualMachine > GuestOperations > Execute
2. To use Code Stream “Houdini Management Pack”, required two permissions to run capture vSphere templates
- vApp > Import
- VirtualMachine > Provisioning > MarkAsTemplate
When troubleshooting, manually log into vCenter being used by vRA as your “bind” ID and test operations.
Hope this helps!